"Even in literature and art, no man who bothers about originality will ever be original: whereas if you simply try to tell the truth (without caring twopence how often it has been told before) you will, nine times out of ten, become original without ever having noticed it." - C.S. Lewis

Saturday, February 20, 2010

"I don't want to go by myself!"



We were in the car last night, and my little sister Gabrielle (age four) was sitting next to me.  It's dark out, and she's looking at the moon.  This was approximately the ensuing dialogue.

Gabrielle:  "I wish I could touch the moon."  *sigh*

Me:  "Well, if you grow up and become an astronaut then you could."

(some time passes)

Gabrielle:  "But I don't wanna go by myself!"

She is so adorable.  Oh yeah, and you have to hear about what she said the other day...(we were also in the car.)

*police car passes us*

Gabrielle:  "Oooo, a police car!"

Me:  "Gabbyelle, you wanna be a police when you grow up?"  (she nods with a big smile)  "Then you could drive one of those cool cars."

Gabrielle:  "Yeah, with those cool blue headlights."

3 comments:

  1. That is so adorable Madeline!!! I love kids! I always wanted younger siblings that were little! I just adore their thoughts and how innocent they are. I can't wait Lord willing till someday I have my own. thanks for sharing your little sister with us! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Rebecca! She is so cute, I tell ya.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol little kids are so cute! :-) I just adore them!

    Ness

    ReplyDelete

'ello, chaps!